The New Dawn Rose (Sister2Sister) Mentorship Program
The goal is to further the development of newly initiated Sorors, as they embark on a NEW DAWN (new beginning) of being members of Kappa Epsilon Psi. New Initiates within week four (4) of the Pearl Process and newly initiated Sorors with less than 6 months of membership will be automatically assigned a Mentor for a period of one (1) year to continue membership education and development.
The purpose of the New Dawn Rose Mentorship (Sister2Sister) Program is vital to foster an environment to excel at all things. All new members will become aware of the level of excellence and participation they must maintain.
The objective of the mentorship program is to encourage Sorors to grow personally and professionally; increasing leadership capabilities to promote a learning environment that will encourage Sorors to embrace a responsibility for the protection of the sorority and Elite Professional Etiquette.
The intent of the New Dawn Rose (Sister2Sister) Mentorship Program is:
• To develop active members of the organization.
• To enhance sorority education.
• To provide a communication link between the Chapter and the new Soror.
• To provide a role model for behavior, one-on-one relationships, and socialization.
• To establish a positive, informal avenue for accountability
My Sister’s Keeper (MSK)
This program provides care packages to deployed Sorors. We take donations from Sorors for small items, so that each month as a Sorority we are able to send a small care package to each Soror who we have deployed. The goal of this program will be to ensure that every deployed Soror receives a Rose from the Sorority each month.
KEΨ S.H.A.P.E. (Soror, Healthy, Affluent, Prosperous and Energized)
This program's main focus is on the total woman – mind, Body and Soul. We host monthly fitness challenges, monthly book club selections and discussions, and a Cooking with KEΨ group where we share healthy recipes and food tips. We also have monthly financial savings tips and budgeting assistance to aid with Sorors and the community becoming prosperous. Healthy living!
• MIND- Poor emotional health can weaken the body’s immune system making one more susceptible to colds, infections, stress and so much more. In time it can weigh heavily on your body. Good emotional health is taking care of your body.
• BODY- Fitness is related to performance. When fitness tests are used to evaluate the components of fitness and develop exercise recommendations, they are effective.
• SOUL- In order to balance the mind, body, and soul, we need to focus on the soul and what it needs to have a positive influence on our state of being.
The KEΨ P.E.A.R.L.S. Youth Mentor Program was established on 1 April 2014 as part of the
expansion project of Kappa Epsilon Psi Military Sorority, incorporated to better serve the community in which each local chapter is located. During the first three years, the Program serves only female relatives (daughters/sisters) between the ages of 7-18 of current members in good standing of Kappa Epsilon Psi and its brother fraternity, Kappa Lambda Chi. Once the Program has developed a firm foundation and solidified its training curriculums and milestone events, (presumably after year 3) the Program will expand to include daughters of Armed Forces Disabled Veterans, Wounded Warriors, Soldiers Listed as Missing in Action/Killed in Action. This period is expected to run from year 3 to year 5. Once the Program has verified the expansion to include the new population of young girls, the program will expand to include girl’s community wide that submit an application and accepted into the program. (This section will continue to expand as we clearly define our program and we meet certain milestones and receive any accolades.)
Kappa Epsilon Psi Military Sorority, Inc. provides sponsorship to the KEΨ P.E.A.R.L.S. Youth Mentor Program. This program provides female relatives of current members in good standing of Kappa Epsilon Psi and their brother fraternity, Kappa Lambda Chi with positive role models and training curriculum to encourage healthy living, social competence, academic achievement, and participation in community service.
The primary goals of KEΨ P.E.A.R.L.S. are:
• Improving a sense of self-worth
• Enhancing individual confidence and connectedness to the community;
• Gaining and implementing new life skills;
• Giving back to the community through service
• Increasing academic competency and achievement;
• Discover personal, career and educational interests; and
• Improving social competencies
This program evaluates all nominated organizations to receive charitable contributions from Kappa Epsilon Psi Military Sorority, Incorporated on a quarterly basis. It provides National Leadership with submitted nominees to vote and determine which organization will receive a contribution; as it aligns with our organizational mission, vision and purpose.